Lesson Planning with Me

Hello! I teach an integrated preschool classroom, which means I am responsible for students ages three to five with special needs of all types as well as typical developing students. My students range in ability from a toddler to a typical kindergartener. Therefore, my activities must be able to reach a wide range and be easily adjusted for multiple ability levels.

I created this blog as a way to keep track of the fantastic ideas I have gathered over the years. Because I just randomly add activities to the blog, use the search, standard list, or theme list on the left side to find the activities you are after!

I also create and sell resources that can be found at TeachersPayTeachers and Teacher's Notebook.

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Sharing Salad



Ingredients: brown sugar cones or waffle cones, raisins, Cheerios, grapes, apples, bananas, Chex cereal *optional* strawberry yogurt*.

Directions: Cut the apples and bananas into bite size pieces. Mix the Cheerios, Chex, raisins, and fruit in bowl. Have the children come to you in small groups and help you stir the “Sharing Salad”. Put a scoop of the salad into each “cornucopia” (cone) and place on a plate. If you think your students won’t eat the salad you might want to try mixing it with strawberry yogurt first. I have found that most of my students will eat it if the fruit is covered in strawberry yogurt. If your students are able to bring the ingredients for the salad it is even more meaningful. We use this activity in place of the more traditional and controversial Thanksgiving Feast.

No comments:

Post a Comment