Lesson Planning with Me

Hello! I teach an integrated preschool classroom, which means I am responsible for students ages three to five with special needs of all types as well as typical developing students. My students range in ability from a toddler to a typical kindergartener. Therefore, my activities must be able to reach a wide range and be easily adjusted for multiple ability levels.

I created this blog as a way to keep track of the fantastic ideas I have gathered over the years. Because I just randomly add activities to the blog, use the search, standard list, or theme list on the left side to find the activities you are after!

I also create and sell resources that can be found at TeachersPayTeachers and Teacher's Notebook.

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Learning Links

From Child Care Land

I found some of these in my classroom the other day and almost threw them away.  When played with independently, my students make chains and then swing them around like lassos.  However, I'm now glad I didn't.  I'm going to use them to make these:

Learning Links number matching:  Cards with numbers on them (can make them themed) or number
  words or dots etc.  Punch a small hole near the bottom middle of the card.  Students place the
  appropriate amount of links to the card.



Learning Links patterning: Take pictures of pre-chained pattern links.  Ask students to recreate.

Learning Links color sorting: Create link chains of each color.

Matching upper- and lowercase letters.



Alphabet and Number order: Alphabet or number cards with holes on each side.  Students link them
  together using the links.

No comments:

Post a Comment