Lesson Planning with Me

Hello! I teach an integrated preschool classroom, which means I am responsible for students ages three to five with special needs of all types as well as typical developing students. My students range in ability from a toddler to a typical kindergartener. Therefore, my activities must be able to reach a wide range and be easily adjusted for multiple ability levels.

I created this blog as a way to keep track of the fantastic ideas I have gathered over the years. Because I just randomly add activities to the blog, use the search, standard list, or theme list on the left side to find the activities you are after!

I also create and sell resources that can be found at TeachersPayTeachers and Teacher's Notebook.

Friday, September 16, 2011

Animal Mix-Up Legos


This little activity was super easy and the boys Big Brother loved it!  Little Brother has had a fever (again!) yesterday and this morning, so he is CRANKY!  Nothing pleases that child today.
Here’s what you’ll need:  Legos, packing tape and pictures of animals fit to size.  You can download the one I used here…it fits our 2.5″x1.5″ (2 combined) Lego Duplos.



1.  Put 2 of your Legos together and measure their combined length and width.

2.  Print off pictures to size.  You can download mine here.

3.  Cut each animal in half…not a real animal, the picture of the animal.  For Heaven’s sakes, I don’t want to be contacted by PETA.

4.  Tape each on the legos.

Make sure to line them up if they don’t fit your Lego exactly.  Rinse and repeat for the other animals.  Okay, don’t really rinse…just repeat.

5.  Scatter the pieces on the floor.

6.  Let your child match the top to the corresponding bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment