Lesson Planning with Me

Hello! I teach an integrated preschool classroom, which means I am responsible for students ages three to five with special needs of all types as well as typical developing students. My students range in ability from a toddler to a typical kindergartener. Therefore, my activities must be able to reach a wide range and be easily adjusted for multiple ability levels.

I created this blog as a way to keep track of the fantastic ideas I have gathered over the years. Because I just randomly add activities to the blog, use the search, standard list, or theme list on the left side to find the activities you are after!

I also create and sell resources that can be found at TeachersPayTeachers and Teacher's Notebook.

Friday, September 16, 2011

Apple Theme Sensory Tub


We had a great time with this sensory tub this morning.  The oatmeal is a great texture!  Big Brother, who typically flitters from one thing to another every 5 minutes, spent 40 minutes just playing with the sensory tub!  And the only reason he stopped is because Little Brother woke up from his nap and we had to go inside to get him.  I’m all about simple, engaging versatile fun!

You may want to opt to make this an outdoor activity.  If you do this inside, I would recommend putting a vinyl shower curtain liner underneath your children so that when they are done, you can just wad up the liner and shake it off outside.  

Here’s what you’ll need:  a large tub of oatmeal, measuring cups, and apples with numbers written on them.
Use an egg carton.
Line up the numbers and have them identify them.

No comments:

Post a Comment